1. SCORE Workshop on Business Law & Taxes: SCORE Mentor Mitch Glick leads a workshop Wednesday on Business Law and Taxes. Topics will include the cost of creating an LLC or corporation, employees vs. independent contractors and tax deductibility of home office expenses. SCORE mentors will be on hand to assist you in this process, both during and after the workshop. Click here to sign up. Free, 1 p.m. SCORE, 120 Bloomingdale Road, White Plains.
2. Frankly Speaking: Advanced Breast Cancer: The cancer support group, Gilda’s Club Westchester, is holding a discussion on topics ranging from treatment and proactive side-effect management, to short and longer-term quality of life issues. Sponsored by Cancer Support Community. The group is a free cancer support community for men, women, children and teens impacted by cancer. For more information, call 914.644.8844 or visit our website: www.gildasclubwestchester.org. 6:30 p.m., Gilda's Club Westchester, 80 Maple Ave., White Plains.
3. "Bombogenesis" is the weather word of the day. Use the Patch app above to check Scarsdale's weather.
4. Taking mass transit? Check here for Bee Line bus info: www.westchestergov.com/beelinebus. Here's the Metro North winter travel guide: http://web.mta.info/service/ColdWeather.htm. And here’s the New York State Department of Transportation website: http://www.511ny.org/.
5. Yesterday's popular post about a debit-card scam contains a warning for everyone.