- “Downtown Music at Grace” series is hosting pianist David Kim for a performance of the works of Liszt, Debussy, and Beethoven at noon . Kim has been heard in concert with the Syracuse Symphony and appeared on Vermont Public Radio and WNYC in New York. The performance will take place at Grace Episcopal Church, located at 33 Church Street in White Plains.
- Join Marilyn DeRight, adjunct professor of English at Iona College today for the first of four Tuesday matinees rom 1 to 4 p.m. at the Scarsdale Public Library. Possible screenings include "Sunday, Bloody Sunday," "Tsotsi," "Edward Scissorhands," "Ordinary People," "Silver Linings Playbook," and more! Register athttp://www.scarsdaleadultschool.org/. Tuition for the course is $80. The library is located 54 Olmstead Road in Scarsdale.
- Dr. Samantha Slotnick is hosting a workshop tonight at 7 p.m. to help parents identify visual difficulties that could be hampering their child's learning experience. The workshop will be held in Central Eyes Optical, located at 161 S. Central Park Ave. in Hartsdale. Check here for more details.
- The Greenburgh town hall is hosting the The Affordable Care Act & You tonight at 7 p.m. Learn about signing up for individual coverage, benefits that are covered and how the ACA will affect Medicare. The NY healthcare exchange opens today for coverage that will begin on Jan. 1, 2014. Speakers include: Tim Foley, Political Director for the Committee of interns and Residents/SEUI Healthcare and Pat Esposito, Director of Westchester Seniors Speaking Out (WSOS), a program of the Medicare Rights Center. To sign up, please go to: http://affordablecareactandyou.eventbrite.com. Questions: Call Linda at 914-534-6011 or email email@example.com. This event is free and open to the public. Greenburgh town hall is located at 177 Hillside Avenue in White Plains.
- Expect unseasonably warm temperatures in the afternoon, with a high a 79, according to the National Weather Service.