1. Market Positioning for New Businesses: SCORE Mentor Deedie Domenicali leads a workshop Wednesday on how to develop the Marketing Positioning that will help a new business owner communicate their product or service for maximum effect. SCORE mentors will be on hand to assist you in this process, both during and after the workshop. To ensure hands-on assistance during the class, enrollment is limited to 8 participants - click here to sign up. Free, 6 p.m. North Castle Public Library, 19 Whippoorwill Road East, Armonk.
2. ‘Anna Karenina’ by Leo Tolstoy @ Mamaroneck Library: The Mamaroneck Library’s Women’s Book Club meets every third Wednesday of the Month in the Community Room of the Library at 2 pm. The group is currently seeking new members, and this week will discuss the classic “Anna Karenina.” Refreshments and Coffee provided at discussions. Contact the Mamaroneck Library to join the group, or to find out the current title selection, at 914-630-5890 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Free, Mamaroneck Library, 136 Prospect Ave., Mamaroneck.
3. A day made for us: Patchy fog, says the National Weather Service. Keep up with all the news, check out our homepage to subscribe to the daily email newsletter!
4. Our New Year's Day story about the closing of Norm's, the venerable Brewster eatery, was the most-read story on Patch yesterday.
5. When CAN you file your 2013 tax return? Find out here.