1. The Edgemont Board of Education will host a study session to formulate the 2012- 2013 school budget tonight at Edgmont High School from 6:30-9 p.m.
2. The Scarsdale Library is hosting a young writer's workshop geared to aspiring poets, journalists and novelists in the fourth and fifth grades. Tonight marks the first of eight weekly sessions in which young writers will work closely with an award-winning writer and educator who will offer feedback on ongoing writing projects and writing exercises. The workshop will culminate in public reading featuring the young writers' work and a celebration. Tonight's session takes place at 6 p.m. at the Scarsdale Public Library. Registration is required for this event through the Hudson Valley Writer's Center website. There is a tuition fee for this program.
3. The Westchester Chapter of the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA) will host its annual tax hotline on Saturday, Feb. 11. County residents with tax questions can reach a CPA for free tax help on that day from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. by calling 914-517-4257.
4. Become a blogger for Scarsdale Patch. We already have great bloggers, from the anonymous who just started blogging about his greatest annoyances while riding the Metro-North Line, to , a Scarsdale author who recently published her first novel via an eBook platform. We want more local people to join our roster of great contributors. If you want to become a Patch blogger, email email@example.com for more details.
5. This spring, Westchester County will commence the construction and replacement project of the Crane Road Bridges Project. The $40 million, four-year construction job will include the replacement of two bridges located along the Bronx River Parkway. In cooperation with the project, Scarsdale has agreed for the County to utilize half of the Village's Merchant's Parking until its completion. Due to limited availability, a lottery for Merchant's Parking spots will begin this month and end in March 2012. The cost of the three month permit will be $43.75. Forms can be found in Village Hall, 1st floor or on the Village’s website under the Village Clerk’s tab. Merchants are also eligible for Scarsdale Avenue Meter permits, as well as Freightway Garage Non-Resident permits.