1. Mozart started playing piano at age 4, so why shouldn't your baby, preschooler or kindergarten student start music lessons at the ? This morning, the School is opening its doors to parents of children ages 4 months to 5 years to attend an Open House for its Preschool Music Programs from 10 a.m. to noon. Find out more about course offerings ranging from "Getting to Know You: Exploring the Instruments" to "Spanish for Preschools" and "Mandarin Chinese Music & Movement" by attending the Open House, located on school premises on 25 School Lane. Contact Jocelyn Kenner at 914-723-1169 or email@example.com for additional information.
2. Care for some conversation with your afternoon tea? Enjoy your Earl Grey brew with two lumps of sugar and scintillating company at the Membership Drive. Held from 1-4 p.m. today at the historic Rowsley clubhouse, guests will be greeted by club members and learn about the Club's educational, artistic cultural and philanthropic activities. And don't fret if you don't live in the 10583 area code — you're still welcome! President Theresa Mae Tori has welcomed members from 28 communities, including Rockland County, New York City and even India and Italy.
3. Soccer's the world's most popular sport, and the Village is allowing elementary and middle school students the chance to discover the fun behind the global frenzy by extending registration for Recreational Soccer until Friday. Grades 3-8 are allowed to register, so fill out those online forms before your children start practicing how to "bend it like Beckham" in your backyard.
4. Due to this week's continuous deluge of rain, the Senior Luncheon at the Scarsdale Pool has been moved to the Girl Scout House. Sunny skies or not, swing by at 12 p.m. for sandwiches and conversation.
5. Unless the weather interferes, the Scarsdale Teen Center will be hosting a Back To School Kick-Off Event in Chase Park tomorrow night with a Mobile Video Game Trailer, laser tag, a dunk tank and music by Lee Kalt. Call (914) 722-8358 for more information... and to ask whether the dunk tank will actually be needed if it continuous to pour outside.