Get a jump start on celebrating the weekend and enjoying your time away from work and school. Here are a few local events to help you and your family have some fun. TGIF and Happy Holidays!
1. Whether you believe in the Mayan prediction or not, there is a
Solstice/Mayan Celebration Friday at 7:00 p.m. The event will honor the winter solstice and the end of the Mayan calendar.
2. Get into the Christmas spirit with "Mr. Dickens Tells A Christmas Carol" at Lyndhurst on Saturday at 5:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.
3. Take advantage of the great outdoors in Scarsdale Saturday. Enjoy a nature Discovery Hike at the Weinberg Nature Center at 12:15 p.m. Kids and families can enjoy an Animal Adventure at 11:00 a.m.
4. Still in need of a Christmas tree? Head to Bedford to pick up your perfect one and support victims of Hurricane Sandy. The Westchester Rotary is holding a Christmas Tree Sale Saturday and Sunday.
5. Bring the kids to the December Story Circle in Yonkers Saturday and Sunday from 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. Read A Christmas Carol and be on the lookout for Mr. Claus.