Get ready for summer, Scarsdale.
The is kicking off summer with the opening of the on Saturday, May 26.
Located at 311 Mamaroneck Road, the pool complex is opening for its 43rd season and "continues to be the social center of the community during the summer months," Jason Marra, Assistant Superintendent of Parks, Recreation and Conservation, said in his announcement.
This summer, Scarsdale is adding new programs and special events–all taking place at the pool complex, according to Marra.
Marra said the new programs include:
- Learn to Swim Programs: “Aqua Tots," is a mommy and me class, for children ages six months to 18 months. “Tiny Bobbers” is for children 18 months to three-years-old.
- “Pre School Paddlers” is for children ages three and four. This program is "designed to provide a positive, developmentally appropriate aquatic learning experience."
- “Splash N Play” Camp: A mini-camp program being held after the Scarsdale Day Camp ends, during the week of August 6, from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. The mini-camp is for children in grades two through five. Splah N Play includes swim lessons, sports, crafts and more.
This year, Scarsdale pool members can expect a summer filled with special events, programs and music.
Upcoming events include:
- Saturday, June 23 – Caribbean Beach Party
- July 3 – Firework Spectacular (open to all residents starting at 5pm)
- July 4– Carnival Day
- August 4– Family Luau Party
(*Dates for music performances and events will be announced when the Pool Complex opens.)
Pool Memberships are sold through the Scarsdale Parks, Recreation and Conservation Department online at http://reconline.scarsdale.com, at the Pool Complex, or at the Recreation Department office in . A pool permit is required to enter the Pool Complex.