Cindy Campbell, the Pawling mother who lost her young son, Ty, to cancer in October, is hoping folks will join her and family members in standing up to the disease.
In light of World Cancer Day, which is today (Feb. 4), Cindy, her husband Lou and son Gavin are "standing up for Ty and all the kids."
She posted a blog entry about the effort, saying this:
Please help us to support this social media campaign by printing out a placard and posting a picture on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. Go to http://wcd2013.su2c.org/ to get your own placard, then post your photo EVERYWHERE to help spread the word! Just follow Gavin's lead!
Ty Louis Campbell died at the age of 5. He was diagnosed with an aggressive and rare form of cancer just before his third birthday.
Since her son's death, Cindy has devoted herself to the Ty Louis Campbell Foundation. The non-profit, aimed at raising money for pediatric cancer research, was established when Ty was still alive. It was something the couple ran from home at the time. Now the foundation operates out of an office in Carmel.
Click here to read Cindy's blog, which details progress on the foundation (including a new website launching very soon).
Here is more on Ty's battle:
- Celebrations of Ty Louis Campbell's Life to Continue
- 'Little Fighter' Marks 2 Years Since Diagnosis
- Thousands to Pray for 'Little Fighter' on His 5th Birthday
- Ty Louis Campbell Loses Battle to Cancer at 5
- Ty Louis Campbell's Parents Fight Grief with Focus on Foundation
- VIDEO: Ty Louis Campbell's Name Soars in the Sky