CLASS ACT MUSICAL YOUTH THEATER
Setting the stage for fun, self discovery and life-long skills
Don’t let your kids be campless this end of summer!
Most camps end in August but CAMYT’s Weekly Drama Musical Day Camps are still going strong. NOW is the time to ensure your child will be actively engaged right up until school starts. Founded by veteran children’s theater director Robin Hedge, a young performer’s advocate with dual degrees in theater and education, CAMYT offers a weekly drama program from July 30-August 31. Our performing arts camps are held at various locations including SCARSDALE (see below) throughout Westchester and beyond for children in Grades K to 7.
Program highlights include the following:
- Each week is a new play; parents can enroll their child for one week or more.
- July 30-Aug 3: The Wizard of Oz
- Aug 6-10: Beauty and the Beast
- Aug 13-17: The Little Mermaid for Grades K-3; Aladdin for Grades 3-7
- Aug 20-24: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
- Aug 27-31: Honk for Grades K-3; Guys and Dolls for Grades 3-7
- Children will be in an air conditioned studio happily engaged in a full day of dramatics rehearsing for the play of their choice.
- Hours are 9am to 3pm, Monday-Friday for Grades 1-7; Kindergarteners leave at 12pm.
- Along with rehearsing for the Friday night performance for family and friends at 6:00pm, children will learn acting, singing, dance, some set design, costume work and have voice lessons.
- Campers will have fun earning many aspects of the theater while making fabulous new friends
Various throughout Westchester and beyond: Bedford, Bronxville, Hastings, Katonah, Mt. Kisco, New Rochelle, Scarsdale, South Salem, North Salem, White Plains, Greenwich and Rockland. Call (914) 286-7422 or see website, www.mydrama.org, for exact locations and addresses.
The Scarsdale Theater Camp location is at the Scarsdale Friends Meeting House, 133 Popham Road, Scarsdale, NY 10583
Half day - Kindergarteners only: $150 per week if sign-up is before July1; $170 thereafter (Children should bring their own morning snacks.)
Full day - (K-2nd), (3rd-7th): $230 per week if sign-up is before July1; $260 thereafter (Children should bring their own morning snacks and lunches.)
Robby Hedge, Founder and Program Director, Youththeater1@aol.com – (914) 286-7422
More About Class Act Musical Youth Theater
For over 20 years, CAMYT has provided countless young performers throughout Westchester and beyond with the opportunity to develop their dramatic skills in a fun, safe and creative environment. Offered to children from Grades K to 7 in various locations and often in collaboration with Westchester schools, libraries and recreation departments, CAMYT’s programs focus on working towards the actual production. This is unlike many other similar programs, which compartmentalize the drama discovery process into individual acting, singing or dance specific classes. Children begin rehearsing from the very start, and this works best with their still developing senses of time, patience and conceptualization. There are no auditions to enter the programs and no child is turned away due to lack of experience or aptitude. Rather, we create a non-competitive, friendly and respectful atmosphere and foster children’s talents so that they can truly shine in their own way.
In addition to its summer camps, CAMYT also offers year-round programs. For these programs, children are joined by adult trained actors in key roles to enhance the production and provide our young participants with the opportunity to work with professional talent. These productions are staged in local school or community theaters with professional lighting and stage managers. Parents are asked to occasionally fill non-speaking roles or to help backstage, making participation in these programs a wonderful family affair. Ticket prices range from $8-$10 and the general public is invited to view these performances, making these shows a great value for an evening of enjoyable family entertainment.