This Monday morning, although Hurricane Sandy is hours away from hitting New York, the roads are quiet, schools are closed and many businesses decided not to open for the day.
In Scarsdale, the Scarsdale Public School Disrict and the Scarsdale Public Library are closed today. All Monday classes at the Scarsdale Adult School are cancelled.
Many businesses around Westchester locked up shop today, although The Garth Road Inn in Scarsdale is staying open throughout the storm. The local pub and restaurant is throwing an all-day Hurricane Party, with happy hour discounts on drinks. Enjoy an alcoholic hurricane on a hurricane day!
As you snap your storm photos, add them to our viewer gallery here.
- Scarsdale Storm Hub: Everything Sandy
- Attorney General Warns Against Price Gouging
- Scarsdale Prepping For Hurricane Sandy
- Residents Prepare for Sandy's Onslaught [PHOTOS]
- How You Can Prep For Hurricane Sandy [VIDEO]
- Cuomo Declares State of Emergency for New York
- NYS Thruway Preps for Hurricane Sandy
- Astorino Urges Residents to Prepare for Storm
- Video: MTA Prepping for Storm
- Storm Preparation: Do You Have A Checklist?
Do you know of an event cancellation? Please add it to the comment section attached to this article and update the event in our free Patch calendar to notify the community.