Today is May 5, or Cinco de Mayo for those gearing up to celebrate the traditional Mexican holiday.
From margaritas to tacos, enchiladas to traditional Mexican desserts, cooks everywhere will be whipping up some festive favorites today.
For folks throwing their own Cinco de Mayo parties, Taste of Home Magazine is offering some South of the Border recipes filled with Mexican flavors to add to the table this Cinco de Mayo.
"All of the recipes from Taste of Home are submitted by people who take the time to cook for their families at home," Alyson Buck from Taste of Home said.
Below are the Taste of Home Cinco de Mayo featured recipes and descriptions:
- Mexican Layered Salad: A zesty take on traditional layered salad, this fresh dish can be prepared in advance of any fiesta. Submitted by Joan Hallford of North Richland Hills, Texas.
- Chicken Chorizo Posole: A Southwestern staple! And it makes for delicious leftovers, too. Submitted by Jennifer Beckman of Falls Church, Va.
- Enchilada Casser-Ole!: Packed with black beans, cheese, tomatoes and Southwest flavor, this impressive entrée is as simple as it is simply delicious. Ole! Submitted by Marsha Wills, Homosassa, Fla.
- Dulce de Leche Cheesecake: A cool, decadent end to a Cinco de Mayo menu. Caramel ice cream topping can be substituted for dulce de leche if not readily available at your grocery store. Submitted by Sonia Lipham of Ranburne, Ala.
- Fresh Lime Margarita: It wouldn’t be Cinco de Mayo without a margarita cocktail!
How are you celebrating today? Vote in our poll below!