After working through the storm, Scarsdale firefighters are now doing a little overtime to help the victims of Hurricane Sandy.
On Saturday, the Scarsdale Fire Deparment is holding a donations drive for hurricane relief. From 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m., the firefighters will be holding a food drive at Scarsdale Village Hall.
Folks can drop off donations at located at 1001 Post Road in Scarsdale.
All the donations will go to the Long Island Harvest and the Steven Siller Tunnel to Towers Foundation. Collins Bros. Moving and Storage is providing both the drivers and the trucks for the delivery, according to the SFD.
The SFD is collecting several different food items and cleaning supplies. The following are the most needed items:
- Juice Boxes
- Shelf-stable Milk
- Pop-top canned goods (such as soup, fruit, baked beans, tuna, canned meat)
- Individually packed items, such as granola bars, protein bars, fruit snacks
- Shelf-stable food items, such as peanut butter, nuts, cereal, pasta, macaroni and cheese
- Baby forumula
- Paperback books for all ages
- Crafts and games for children
- Cleaning supplies
- Rubber gloves
- Garbage bags
- Paper towels
- Toilet paper
For more information, call Nicki Snyder at 914-722-1637 or Tommy Oakes at 914-261-3897.