From the Westchester County Department of Public Works and Transportation:
There will be limited access to the Bronx River Parkway in both directions from the Sprain Brook Parkway in Yonkers to the Westchester County Center (Exit 22) in White Plains on Thursday night, Oct. 17 and Friday night, Oct. 18 from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m., weather permitting.
The northbound parkway closures scheduled for Thursday night, Oct. 17 and Friday night, Oct. 18 from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. are as follows:
· All northbound Bronx River Parkway traffic in Yonkers (six-lane section of the parkway) will not have access to the four-lane northbound Bronx River Parkway and will be detoured onto the Sprain Brook Parkway, to Central Park Avenue (NY 100) to White Plains.
· Local traffic will have access to the northbound Bronx River Parkway at the following locations (between the Sprain Brook Parkway and Harney Road): Paxton Avenue, Elm Street, Scarsdale Road, Thompson Street and Leewood Drive.
· Local northbound parkway traffic will be detoured at Harney Road to Scarsdale Avenue and East Parkway and re-entering the northbound parkway at Crane Road.
· Northbound parkway will be open to traffic at Crane Road and all points north.
The southbound parkway closures scheduled for Thursday night, Oct. 17 and Friday night, Oct. 18 from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. are as follows:
· There will be no access to the southbound parkway at the County Center in White Plains. All traffic will be detoured to Central Avenue and then south on the Sprain Brook Parkway.
· Entrances to the southbound parkway at Main Street and Fenimore Road will be closed.
· The southbound parkway will be open at Ardsley Road and all points south.
These closures are necessary to continue forming and pouring concrete for the west abutment as part of the Crane Road Bridge Replacement Project on the Bronx River Parkway. If all median barrier work is completed on Thursday night, it may not be necessary to close the parkway on Friday night.
These night closures are in addition to the previously announced ongoing midday parkway closures where access is limited to northbound Bronx River Parkway from the Sprain Brook Parkway in Yonkers to the Westchester County Center (Exit 22) in White Plains weekdays starting Monday, Oct. 14 to Friday, Oct. 18 from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Motorists are advised to seek alternate routes. Numerous variable message signs are being used to alert motorists of the upcoming closures. The project began in the summer of 2012 and will take three years to complete.
For additional information, contact Westchester County Department of Public Works and Transportation at 995-2555. Full details on this project are available at westchestergov.com/craneroadbridge. Sign up for special email alerts on this project at http://www.westchestergov.com/subscribe.