Get a jump start on celebrating the weekend and enjoying your time away from work and school. Here are a few local events to help you and your family have some fun. TGIF!
1. Calling all burger lovers! On Saturday at 2:00 p.m., head to Jake's Wayback Burgers in Hartsdale for the . Think you can devour the nine-patty burger? Contestants have the chance to win prizes, including an iPad2. Ten percent of the day's sales will be donated to Pets Alive Westchester.
2. On Sunday, bring the kids over to Yonkers for some hands-on learning and fun at 2:00 p.m. with
3. Support a local artist and take in at the Greenburgh Public Library Saturday. Artist and local resident Elizabeth Vázquez will be doing a meet and greet at 2:00 p.m. and speaking about her work.
4. For those who love to boat, kayak or canoe, head on over to Beczak Environmental Education Center’s Hudson River beach Saturday at 11:00 a.m. The will let water enthusiasts test paddle several new, wooden models and talk boat building with the pros.
5. Celebrate all weekend at the . The largest Italian festival in Westchester starts Friday and runs through Sunday, celebrating the Feast of the Assumption. Enjoy Italian foods, carnival rides and more at the annual street fest.