1. Perfect your tennis serve (and win this summer's doubles matches) by signing up for the Village's Winter Series Platform Tennis Lessons. Registration is currently open on the Recreation Department's website, and lessons officially begin next week on Monday, Jan. 9. Find out additional information (times, locations, etc.) online.
2. One in three American mothers with financial difficulties can't afford to buy diapers for their babies. The Junior League of Central Westchester (JLCW) seeks to fulfill their needs with its Do Your Duty campaign, which aims to help ease diaper deprivation in Westchester County. The JLCW has set a goal of 2,000 packaged diapers, sizes 3, 4 and 6, for the toddlers attending Family Services of Westchester's Early Head Start program in White Plains. Drop off diapers at the JLCW's headquarters at the .
3. Middle schoolers feeling the winter blues can now kickstart their summer pool sessions a few months early. The first Recreation Department Middle School Waterpark trip of the season will be to Great Wolf Lodge Indoor Waterpark on Sunday, Jan. 29. Register online by Sunday, Jan. 22 or call the Recreation Department at 914-722-1160 for more information.
4. The JCC Maccabi Games will take place this summer in Houston, TX, Memphis, TN and Rockland County, NY. Tryouts for basketball, volleyball, soccer and baseball will be held at JCC of Mid-Westchester and run from Jan. 9th-Feb. 29. For more information, view the online schedule.
5. Imagine Candy is sponsoring the Candy Arts program, a contest designed to allow aspiring artists the chance to display their work in the store and win a $25 gift certificate. View the Recreation Department's website for more information, visit Imagine Candy's website or contact the store's owners at firstname.lastname@example.org.